A positive mind-set is about responding to life in a way which looks for the positive in any situation.
The defining difference between people who are successful and happy and those that aren’t is the way that they think. Negative thinkers spend their time complaining and worrying about what could go wrong. Whilst positive thinkers visualise the successful completion of their goals and take the action needed to make them a reality.
We know that whatever your mind focuses on it finds. Like when you are looking for a new car, you will see that particular model everywhere you look. Or, if you met someone you decided you didn’t like, you would look for more evidence to back up your view. You would discount any evidence that they were a nice person. When you actively train how your mind works, your ability to attract positive life experiences increases.
Having a positive mind-set helps you to build resilience, increases self-esteem and improves physical and emotional health. Optimists are more likely to seize opportunities and make the most out of life. They persevere for longer, so they are more likely to ultimately succeed.
Research in the field of positivity has shown that:
- Optimistic people are much less likely to die of heart attacks than pessimists.
- Happy teenagers go on to earn substantially more in later years than unhappy teenagers.
- A rate of 3 to 1 positive statements to negative statements results in optimal productivity in the workplace. However, a ratio of at least 5 to 1 is required for a marriage to flourish.
Would you like to develop a positive mental attitude?
If you tend towards a pessimistic mind-set, because of circumstances or because negative influences have moulded you that way. Then the good news is that a positive attitude is something you can learn. You can retrain your mind to have a more positive outlook by instilling a mind-set that will best serve you in life.
Hypnosis has been found to be a powerful and natural way to shift your thinking and accomplish your goals. It can help you to release limiting thoughts and develop new empowering beliefs about yourself. It can condition your body and mind to create positive expectations so that you experience well-being more frequently in your everyday life.
I offer hypnotherapy sessions to achieve a more positive mind-set tailored to your individual needs. Sessions generally involve clearing out your emotional baggage to leave you feeling more motivated for change, removing limiting beliefs to create a more resilient mind-set followed by positive visualisations and affirmations to boost self-confidence.
3 Tips for developing a positive mind-set:
- Celebrate even your smallest success. Journal – write down 3 things each day that you are grateful for or went really well.
- Speak positively and in the present tense – instead of ‘I want to be happy’, change it to ‘I am happy’.
- Know that you can choose your thoughts. Train your mind to focus on the good in your life.
If you are ready to start seeing your life with possibilities and solutions instead of worries and obstacles, then you may be interested in our Positive Transformation Course staring in January.